A healthy smoothie is one of the easiest and best ways to kick start your day. You can use it to boost testosterone, increase muscle mass and strength, put the smack down on inflammation, raise endurance, kick the shit out of colds and so much more.
The principle behind this drink is to get a huge dose of micro and macro nutrients including phytonutrients, flavonoids, healthy fats and protein to take your energy and vitality to a whole new level.
I drink the smoothie recipe I’m about to share with you almost every single day. I started doing it about 2 years ago and continued to refine it over the course of a full year trying to find that perfect balance between taste and nutrition.
Personally, I am more concerned with the nutrition than taste so you may need to adjust accordingly for your taste preference. However, I will give you the recommendations needed to make quick flavor profile changes.
I also use a big blendtec blender (highly recommend) so I can blend up a couple days worth at a time. If you have a smaller blender just half the ingredient list.
All fruit can be mixed and matched to your preference but staple in every smoothie for me is strawberries and a mix of dark berries i.e. blueberries, raspberries etc…
Also, everything in my smoothie is organic as I do not want to consume pesticides as part of my daily health ritual.
Testosterone Boosting Smoothie Recipe
- Baby spinach / kale mix – 2 cups (I buy the premixed packages)
- Raw almonds – 1/2 cup
- Chia Seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Hemp Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Cacao Nibs* – 1 or 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin Seeds* – 1 or 2 tbsp.
- L-Citrulline DL Malate** – 1 tbsp.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric* – 1 – 2 tsp. or 1 inch finger fresh
- Ceylon Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- Spirulina – 1 tsp.
- Black Pepper† – 1/2 tsp.
- Liquid MSM – 5 or 6 drops
- Shilajit Resin – 2 or 3 pieces (sized to a grain of rice)
- Ginger Root* – 1/2 inch or 1 inch finger
- Cloves* – 1 or 2 whole
- Carrot – 1 or 2
- Beet* – 1/2 or 1 whole depending on size
- Mixed Dark Berries or Blueberries – 1/2 or 1 cup
- Strawberries – 1/2 or 1 cup
- Purified Water – Fill to top of other ingredients
Optional but often included ingredients for additional flavor and/or nutritional profile
- Apple including core – 1
- Banana – 1
- Cardamon* – 1/2 or 1 tsp.
- Cumin* – 1/2 or 1 tsp.
- Broccoli – 1 cup
- Watermelon – 4 or 5 chunks
- Mixed Fruits i.e. Pineapple, peach, mango, etc…
- I use to add Maca Root, Ashwagandha Extract and Longjack but now take them in a supplement.
*Strong flavor so adjust accordingly
** I don’t mix in L citrulline dl malate when using watermelon
† Black pepper is added for enhanced nutrient bioabsorption, especially of turmeric which the body does not naturally absorb well. A recent study showed black pepper can increase curcumin (turmeric) absorption by upwards of 2,000%. (1)
That’s it, now blend up and enjoy!
Where to Buy Fruit
I buy most of my fruit from Costco’s frozen section where you can get great deals on single and mixed organic bags.
Most organic grocery retailers will have good quality frozen bags as well but in my experience the cost is significantly higher than at costco.
Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, Majeed M, Rajendran R, Srinivas PS. – Link