Ginseng has been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years, but it’s only recently that Westerners have fully gotten on board with the vast array of health benefits you can get from it.
Perhaps most dramatic of all is Panax Ginseng, which comes from the same family of plants as Red Ginseng or Korean Ginseng. (However, keep in mind that it is not related to American or Siberian Ginseng.)
Ginseng is Extensively Studied
Panax Ginseng has been studied extensively, perhaps more so than any other species of the plant, and it has proven to be one of the most is one of the most beneficial herbs available.
The plant has been proven to have a direct effect on testosterone in infertile men. But it is perhaps the plants benefits to boosting testosterone in fertile men that is more interesting. It has been shown to have similar effects to those of maca root, aiding men greatly in terms of general health and a sense of well-being.
Ginseng Boosts Nitric Oxide
By stimulating the central nervous system directly, Ginseng and its component ginsenosides increase the body’s ability to convert arginine into nitric oxide. And an increase in nitric oxide is vital to healthy blood flow, the maintenance and construction of new muscle mass, and physical strength in general.
The range of positive effects span from improved libido, better blood flow, and even to general happiness. With so many benefits here’s a bulleted list until we have time to create an in-depth report on each positive.
Panax Ginseng has been shown to improve and/or increase
- Testosterone 
- Cognition [2 – 5]
- Satisfaction With Erections [6 – 9]
- Happiness and General Well-being [2, 3, 10]
- All major antioxidant enzymes (SOD, glutathione peroxidase, and catalase) [11, 12]
- Blood Flow [13, 14]
- Calmness 
- Endothelial Function 
Has been shown to help reduce
- Muscle Damage and Inflammation 
- DNA Damage 
- General Oxidation (The anti-oxidant qualities of Panax Ginseng are just becoming known) 
Does Ginseng Boost Testosterone?
It is possible that Panax Ginseng can increase your testosterone directly, although this has yet to be proven conclusively.
However, Ginseng is a vital piece of the health puzzle for everyone, especially for men.
Traditional Chinese medicine has explored its benefits for centuries, and modern science is just beginning to appreciate and document the full range of benefits it offers for human health.
Perhaps the most important takeaway is that it has been proven under rigorous scientific conditions to help keep your body operating at peak function in general. And the better the machine of your body runs in general, the better your testosterone levels.
Force X7 by Alpha Wolf Nutrition is the only multi-ingredient, natural T booster we recommend and includes Panax Ginseng in its ingredients!
Increase strength, stamina and muscle size.
Use coupon code “itestosterone” for 10% off your purchase! Click here to learn more.
- Effects of Panax C.A. Meyer saponins on male fertility. Salvati G, Genovesi G, Marcellini L, Paolini P, De Nuccio I, Pepe M, Re M. – Link
- Effects of Panax ginseng on quality of life. Ellis JM, Reddy P. – Link
- G115 improves aspects of working memory performance and subjective ratings of calmness in healthy young adults. Reay JL, Scholey AB, Kennedy DO. – Link
- Effects of Panax, consumed with and without glucose, on blood glucose levels and cognitive performance during sustained ‘mentally demanding’ tasks. Reay JL, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB. – Link
- Single doses of G115 reduce blood glucose levels and improve cognitive performance during sustained mental activity. Reay JL1, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB. – Link
- Study of the efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. de Andrade E1, de Mesquita AA, Claro Jde A, de Andrade PM, Ortiz V, Paranhos M, Srougi M. – Link
- Effects of tissue-cultured mountain ginseng extract on male patients with erectile dysfunction. Kim TH1, Jeon SH, Hahn EJ, Paek KY, Park JK, Youn NY, Lee HL. – Link
- A double-blind crossover study evaluating the efficacy of korean red in patients with erectile dysfunction: a preliminary report. Hong B1, Ji YH, Hong JH, Nam KY, Ahn TY. – Link
- Clinical efficacy of Korean red ginseng for erectile dysfunction. Choi HK, Seong DH, Rha KH. – Link
- Ginseng therapy in non-insulin-dependent diabetic patients. Sotaniemi EA, Haapakoski E, Rautio A. – Link
- Antioxidant effects of Panax C.A. Meyer in healthy subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Kim HG, Yoo SR, Park HJ, Lee NH, Shin JW, Sathyanath R, Cho JH, Son CG. – Link
- Beneficial effects of Korean red ginseng on lymphocyte DNA damage, antioxidant enzyme activity, and LDL oxidation in healthy participants: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ji Young Kim, Ju Yeon Park, Hee Jung Kang, Oh Yoen Kim, Jong Ho Lee. – Link
- Effects of Korean red ginseng and its isolated ginsenosides and polysaccharides on arterial stiffness in healthy individuals. Jovanovski E, Jenkins A, Dias AG, Peeva V, Sievenpiper J, Arnason JT, Rahelic D, Josse RG, Vuksan V. – Link
- Red ginseng extract improves coronary flow reserve and increases absolute numbers of various circulating angiogenic cells in patients with first ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction. Ahn CM, Hong SJ, Choi SC, Park JH, Kim JS, Lim DS. – Link
- Effects of Panax ginseng supplementation on muscle damage and inflammation after uphill treadmill running in humans. Jung HL, Kwak HE, Kim SS, Kim YC, Lee CD, Byurn HK, Kang HY. – Link